Victorinox, a company with the status of a national treasure in Switzerland because of its most legendary product – the Swiss Army Knife – is celebrating its 130th anniversary in 2014.
To mark the occasion, Victorinox Swiss Army has created I.N.O.X., a new watch that pays tribute to the history and industrial know-how of the brand by showcasing the values that have made it famous: authenticity, strength, quality, expertise and Swiss design.
An exceptional celebration requires an exceptional watch. I.N.O.X. demonstrates a level of robustness never before achieved in watchmaking. Designed to withstand unusual stress, it has passed a ruthless battery of 130 strength tests.
Some of the I.N.O.X. tests were so extreme they merit special mention. An I.N.O.X. is tested to be capable of resisting:
Salt spray corrosion or chemical attacks by all kinds of fuels, oils, solvents, cleaning products, insecticides... including sulfuric and nitric acid solution. Again, a standard not for watches but for the military, borrowed from the US Army
8 tons compression under a hydraulic press - I.N.O.X. can also resist being driven over by a truck of 25 tons or a military tank weighing up to 64 tons
Temperatures shocks from -57 deg to +71 deg Celsius. This corresponds to the standard set by the US Army for the manufacture of missiles. Nothing comparable exists in the world of watchmaking
A fall of 10 meters onto a concrete surface. This is the equivalent of a drop from a 3-floor building. Impact speed from this distance is 50 kilometres per hour
Exposure to a flame at a distance of 5mm for more than one minute (+1200 deg C)
Two hours in a washing machine at 90 deg C with full spin cycle.
Glacial cold. The watch will function non-stop and without complaint, even when frozen in an ice cube for 168 hours
Extreme conditions at a stratospheric altitude of 21,300 meters, which is twice the height at which the airliners fly
Beyond the standard certification tests of the Swiss watch industry, this series of new tests was developed specifically for I.N.O.X. and reflect Victorinox Swiss Army’s passion for pushing boundaries and imposing new rules on resistance and quality.
This watch comes with the standard blue rubber strap, as well as a removable silicone and nylon bumper to further protect the watch beyond the abuse of the 130 tests given. ©
|Watch Brand||Victorinox Swiss Army|
|Watch Style||Heavy/Chunky, Special|
|Clasp Type||Pin & Buckle|
|Water Resistance||200m (Snorkling)|
|Country of Origin||Switzerland|
UK Delivery options:
- - Free Royal Mail 1st Class delivery on orders under £100 (1-2 working days)
- - Free Royal Mail Next Day delivery on orders over £100 (Royal Mail guarantees next working day delivery by 1pm, Mon-Fri. Saturday delivery only available on request).
- - Place your order before 2pm for same day dispatch (Mon – Fri).
Click & Collect:
- - Free Click & Collect to any Robert Gatward store.
- - Place your order before 2pm for Next Day Collection (Monday – Thursday, excl. Bank Holidays).
- - Simply choose your desired Robert Gatward store at the Checkout and we’ll take care of the rest.
How will my order arrive?
Your order will arrive packaged neatly and securely in a luxury padded envelope or box, depending on the size of the item purchased.
In addition to your ordered item/s you will also receive:
- - A branded box or silk jewellery pouch.
- - Robert Gatward Jewellers luxury navy tote bag.
- - Robert Gatward Jewellers pink tissue paper. Black/navy tissue paper if gents item.